In the nearly ten years I’ve been living in France, I’ve done all the things wrong.
Pardon my French, but I’ve stepped in it enough times that I know my shit.
So that’s why I’ve created the FrancoFiles. A new, supportive Paris Unraveled community for helping you to France better.
Don’t join the FrancoFiles because you are seeking a magical tool to make your problems go away.
Because knowing the answers, or finding them out? THAT’S my superpower.
Here's what people are saying about
Allison and Paris Unraveled:
Here's what all members get upon registering:
✽ Access to all member forums, with hundreds of questions about living in France *already answered.*
Know that you're not alone, and that others are dealing with the exact same issues you are! And the bright side is? We're confident it will all work out for you, and Allison will help you get there.
✽ Ask questions about your personal situation and get feedback from Allison in the forums daily.
Sometimes, it's hard to know if someone else's *similar situation* is just like the question you have right now, or if there's something you're missing. So understandably, you'll want to provide details on your own administrative saga and ensure the advice you're getting is personalized to fit YOUR NEEDS. Because between you and me, we know that too often, the answer in French bureaucracy-land is, "it depends," followed by the Gallic shrug.
✽ Watch instructional videos and tutorials walking you through French bureaucracy, step-by-step.
Learn the basics of navigating French bureaucracy and doing some of the most basic administrative procedures that affect everyone in France - from sending a registered letter, to figuring out whether you're eligible for assistance from CAF for housing or childcare. There will be two new tutorials added to the library each month.
Plus, Advanced and Premium members get these additional benefits:
✽ Download vocabulary sheets and templates for correspondence in French.
Get the basic vocabulary you'll need for different administrative procedures at your fingertips. And if you need to send a letter in French, you can download one of our templates, plug in your name, address, and details on the situation (that you get help with in the forums, of course!) to send.
✽ Attend virtual office hours (Advanced) or get private 15 minute appointments with Allison (Premium), for a personalized and prioritized experience.
Virtual office hours are twice monthly for video conference sessions (all Advanced & Premium members) and twice monthly for private, pre-scheduled 15-minute appointments.
3 options for getting the support you need:
- Access to all Paris Unraveled membership forums, to post questions about living in or moving to France, and have Allison answer your questions.
- Create and join Paris Unraveled groups, to communicate with other students with similar interests and goals.
- Add friends and exchange messages with other Paris Unraveled members, and set up your own events for the group calendar.
- Access to two different video how-tos and tutorials each month, exclusive to Paris Unraveled Members, on topics like CAF, employment, OFII, visas, and more.
- Everything from "Basic" and "Advanced" levels, including access to all forums, groups, and tutorials, PLUS
- Attend LIVE office hours twice per month by reserving 15-minute appointments to deal privately with your specific needs. (Skype or call in if you're not in Paris).
- Get your questions answered during business hours by private message with Allison via Slack.